Thank you to our parishioners for supporting our ministry.
"serviens in spe” - to serve in hope
to live the Gospel message by serving Christ in the poor with love, respect, justice and joy
ANNUAL CHRISTMAS ANGEL TREE PROGRAM RETURNS:
Our annual outreach program will run again this year from November 12th to December 10th. This program helps a great number of people in our community and brings a spirit of joy to many over Christmas. Your generosity is greatly appreciated and is counted on to make this a success year after year.
Christmas Angel Tree donations can be made in various ways. Choose the one that works best for you:
(a) online using Canada Helps
(b) via e-Transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
(note: pleases write “Angel Tree” and your envelope # in the message field of the e-transfer)
(c) By returning the green Angel Tree envelopes which will be made available in the church narthex starting November 12th. These envelopes will be collected until December 10th and can be dropped off at any time in the parish office or via the members of SSVP who will be collecting after masses.
WAYS TO DONATE:
SSVP can accept donations through any of the methods below.
1. MONTHLY SSVP COLLECTION at church (including SSVP blue envelopes) on the last Sunday of each month, at the end of each mass. Blue envelope donations are generally deposited by the Friday following the final Sunday of the month.
2. E-TRANSFER directly to us at email@example.com (please include your envelope number in the message field)
3. MONTHLY PRE-AUTHORIZED DEBIT (PAD) directly to SSVP. This is no longer part of the church’s pre-authorized debit program. Registration forms to our PAD program are available at the front doors of the church or from the church office.
4. One-time or recurring online donations using credit card via CANADA HELPS
NOTE: SSVP and the parish are separate entities with separate banking arrangements. Donations to SSVP should not be combined with donations to the church and should not be made via e-Transfer to the church.
Our volunteers can be reached on the phone at 905-522-8222 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Society of Saint Vincent de Paul is a lay Catholic organization whose mission is,
To live the Gospel message by serving Christ in the poor with love, respect, justice and joy.
The Mission of the Society of Saint Vincent de Paul implies that as Vincentians we
- see Christ in anyone who suffers
- come together as a family
- have personal contact with the poor
- help in all possible ways
Society of Saint Vincent de Paul
1) Pre-authorized debit for anyone available who would find this an easier means of donating. Please contact Barb Rockxx to become a monthly pre-authorized debit donor. Click here to contact Barb.
2) Online, the much preferred way with no requirement for masks, safe distancing, etc.
On-line donations via Canada Helps: donations made through this new link will be send directly to our parish SSVP account and can be made using a credit card or PayPal. Please follow this link which takes you directly to the Canada Helps webpage specifically for our parish SSVP council.
Please note donors who complete the name and address portion of donation page are issued a tax receipt from Canada Helps directly.
3) Cash or cheque with SSVP envelopes; generic envelopes are at the Greeter desk and those with boxed envelopes have a monthly SSVP envelope included.
NOTE: All cheques must be made payable to: Society of Saint Vincent de Paul. The bank will not accept variations of this (short forms, alternate spelling etc)
Emergency Assistance Available
The activity of the Society is always based on love of neighbour in the local community. All calls are confidential. If you need help, please call us at 905-522-8222.